The monuments I recovered reflected a change in right of ways and things were just wrong.
I contacted the City of Phoenix and they quickly sent me some quarter section maps that cleared a lot of things up. My measured monument distances were close to them and the block broke down great with a surplus and the interior monuments came in nice as well.
I finally got the title report and that confirmed everything.
There is an underground tunnel easement running through the area. I have the description of it from the title report and I plotted it but it looked extremely wrong.
I contacted the city again and they sent me some ADOT maps that assured me that I had it plotted incorrectly.
I beat my brain out looking at this thing every which way and could not figure it out. It had a POB that started 34' +/- from the south quarter corner and was certain that I was starting there.
I got so frustrated that I walked away and left the office.
About 8pm I was still thinking about it and kicked me like a donkey.
I had this thing starting in the right place according to my field points, however I was tied into the monument line of Central Avenue and not the mid section line.
The next morning ran to the office, moved everything to the correct position and what do you know that easement was spot on according to all of the info I have.
I think the moral of this story is sometimes you just gotta choke the pooch before the light comes on.